Sunday, October 27, 2019

Spicy Mashed Sardine


Canned sardine in tomato sauce has been my favorite since childhood. I grew up eating my mom's cooked sardine using various spices. When I started cooking, over the years, I came up with my own recipe for the same canned sardines in tomato sauce that my mom used to cook. Here is my version of the recipe. 


List of Ingredients:

  • Sardine (in tomato sauce, 15fl oz or 425g)
  • Onions 2 cups finely chopped
  • Garlic 1 tbsp finely chopped
  • Cooking Oil 1/4th cup or as needed
  • Turmeric powder 1/4th tsp
  • Cayenne Pepper 1/2 tsp
  • Cumin powder 1 tsp
  • Coriander powder 3/4th tsp
  • Curry powder 3/4th tsp
  • Paprika 1 tsp
  • Potato 1 cup grated
  • Salt to taste (1 tsp)
  • Cilantro ½ cup finely chopped
  • Green chili 4 pieces cut into half or Julianne cut
*If for any reason, the sardine in tomato sauce is not available, then you can also use any canned sardine of your choice and add half a cup of tomato puree during cooking.

For step by step cooking procedure, please click the following video(s) below:


English version:



Bengali version:

No comments:

Post a Comment